What is Two-Factor Authentication
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is a security process provided by WebManager.NG which requires its users to provide two different authentication factors before they can access their hosting account. The two factors typically include something the user knows, such as their account password or PIN, and something the user has, such as their mobile phone or security token.
By requiring two factors, 2FA provides an additional layer of security beyond just a password, which can be easily compromised through hacking or social engineering attacks. Even if an attacker obtains the user’s password, they still need the second factor to gain access to the system or service.
We currently provide Time Based Tokens using mobile app authentication like Google Authenticator or Duo as a means of 2FA. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the choice of which to use depends on the comfort it provides to you on your mobile phone.
To activate or deactivate a Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on your account, you need to ensure that you have an account with WebManager.NG.
How to use the Two-Factor Authentication
- First, log in to your account
- Click on your profile details (Hello [Your Name!])
- Select the Security Setting from the drop-down menu
- On the next page, locate the Two-Factor Authentication
- Click on “Click Here to Enable”
- Another window will pop up then click on Get Started.
- Visit your google play store or iOS Store and download Google Authenticator or Duo Authenticator app.
- Connect your account using an authenticator app like Google Authenticator or Duo, and scan the QR code as seen on the screen. Having trouble scanning the code, you can enter the code provided for you manually also: An example of the code is SDY3FROURRLUP32G.
- Once done, the 2FA will become active.
Hope this solved the issue for you. Kindly use the comment section for further assistance if any.