What is .edu.ng domain?
The .edu.ng domain is a top-level domain (TLD) for educational institutions in Nigeria. It is reserved for universities, polytechnics, and other tertiary institutions in the country.
Here are some additional points to consider regarding the .edu.ng domain:
- The .edu.ng domain is managed by the Nigerian Research and Education Network (NgREN), which is a non-profit organization that aims to promote the use of technology in education.
- To register a .edu.ng domain, an institution must provide proof of its accreditation by the National Universities Commission (NUC) or the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
- Once a domain is registered, the institution has full control over its content and can use it for a variety of purposes, such as hosting its website, email system, or online learning platform.
- The .edu.ng domain is a way for educational institutions in Nigeria to establish their online presence and enhance their reputation both nationally and internationally.
- By having a .edu.ng domain, an institution can also benefit from a higher level of trust and credibility, as it indicates that it has met certain standards and requirements set by the Nigerian government.
Requirements for registering .edu.ng Domain
The requirements for registering a .edu.ng domain include:
- Proof of ownership of the institution (certificate of incorporation or letter of recognition)
- A letter of authorization from the institution’s governing council. See the sample below.
- A letter of authorization from the National Universities Commission (NUC) for universities, or National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), or NCCE, or the relevant regulatory body for other educational institutions in Nigeria.
- A valid email address and phone number for the administrative contact of the domain
- A functional website and technical contact for the domain.
Once all the above documents are completed, you can place an order for .edu.ng domain registration. You can simply follow the below steps to place .edu.ng domain registration.
- Search your .edu.ng domain: Simply enter the desired domain name in the search box and the buy .ng domain page and click “Search”. If the domain is available, you can proceed with registration. If it’s unavailable, suggested alternatives will be provided or you can search for another .ng domain name.
- Fill in your Registrant details: After selecting your ideal .ng domain name, the next step is to create an account on WebManager.NG. This process requires you to fill in your personal details which will be used as your Domain’s Registrant Information.
- Pay for your Domain Name: The final step is to review your order summary and then Proceed to checkout, where you can make the payment via Debit/Credit Cards or through Bank. Once the payment is done, your domain name will be instantly activated.
- Forward the required documents for .edu.ng domain: Once you have paid the invoice then you need to send us the documents to complete the registration of your domain. The .edu.ng is a restricted/closed TLD and there are some requirements to register this extension. Please read the above-mentioned requirements for more details. Below is the format for the “Letter from the head of the institution”. Follow the below format or pattern to write the letter to avoid delays.
- Wait for Approval: We will then send all the above documents to NIRA (Nigeria Internet Registration Association) the .NG domains Registry for approval. After they have verified your documents, your domain will be activated and you can then start using it.
Generally, it takes 7 days or less for the documents to be verified and the domain to be activated. If you have any further queries regarding this, you can contact our support anytime. We will answer all your questions. You can also contact our Chat Support Team at our website for any kind of query regarding the registration of the .edu.ng domain. Once your domain is approved and activated by NIRA, you will get an update from us on your registered email. After the activation of your domain name, you can start managing your domain name directly from your account.
Nigeria Internet Registration Association,
8, Funsho Williams Avenue, Iponri, Surulere,
Subject: Application for .edu.ng domain registration
Our institute, [Your institute Name] approved by [name of accredited organization] for [education level] has adopted the domain name [your_domain_name].
We will be very grateful if the [domain_name] could be registered by us.
We attached hereby our Registration certificate and Accreditation documents.
We shall be very thankful to you for this.
[Name of the Authorized Signatory]
[Post of the Signatory]